Important battery information
Make sure the battery on the drone is at least 80% before you go diving.
When the battery reaches 20% when diving, go back to shore.
Also, make sure that the rest of the equipment has at least 80% battery left before you go diving.
Charging the batteries
|Warning: Do not turn the drone on while charging, it may damage the drone and/or charger. When finished charging remember to put the charging connector cap back on.|
1. Place the drone on a robust and stable surface laying on the left side to remove any risk of the drone falling over.
2. Unscrew the charging connector cap on the drone and connect the charger to the charging port on the drone with the included charging cable.
3. Make sure to set the charger selector switch to the drone symbol.
4. Open the connector lid on the Surface Unit and connect an output of the external USB charger to the charging port (micro USB) on the Surface Unit. Make sure the USB output rating is minimum 2.1A. Connect the other USB outputs on the external USB charger to charge a mobile device and the controller.
5. The drone battery is fully charged when the LED lights are blinking green.
6. To disconnect the power supply from the mains, pull the plug from the wall socket outlet. Make sure that the wall socket-outlet is easily accessible.
Charging the battery outside of drone
|Warning: We recommend charging the battery inside the drone as much as possible to limit wear of the o-rings on the aluminium lid.|
1. Open the battery lid.
2. Unscrew the aluminium lid with the pin spanner to open it.
3. Pull out the battery carefully.
4. Make sure that the charging selector switch on the bottom is set to battery charging.
5. Remove the blue cover on the charger. Connect the power supply to a wall socket and connect the battery directly to the back of the charger.
6. The battery is fully charged when the three LED lights on the charger are blinking green.
7. Wash the o-ring with clean fresh water and let it dry. Put a small amount of silicone grease on the o-rings before closing the lid.
8. Insert the battery. Make sure that the arrow on the battery is pointing upwards.
9. Make sure that the battery is pushed all the way in. There are two guiding pins at the bottom of the battery canister that will align the battery with the connector. Fold-down the handle.
10. Close the aluminium lid with the pin spanner. Make sure to not tighten the lid too much, but there shouldn't either be a large gap between the aluminium lid and the aluminium tube. Be careful to not damage the threads of the lid when closing.
11. Close the battery lid by sliding it along the battery tube. The battery lid cannot be pushed all the way in. Tightening the thumbscrew will move the lid into place.