It is highly recommended to always run the latest version of the DVL software to get the best possible performance from the sensor and the position estimate.
If you get stuck during the process you can always contact us on email@example.com.
Warning: The DVL software v2.4.0 requires Blunux v3.2.66 or newer on the ROV.
- Make sure the DVL has sufficient cooling, as it will disable the auto power-off due to heat during the update.
- Power on the drone and connect to the Blueye WiFi.
- Check that you have Blunux v3.2.66 or newer and that you have more than 20% battery on the drone. If you need to update blunux, check out this guide.
- Go to http://waterlinked-dvl.local (http://192.168.1.99) and click About, and write down the Chip id (i.e. 0xf123abcdef) of the DVL.
- Connect to the internet.
- Get the .wlup update file from WaterLinked's update server. You need to enter the Chip id from step 4.
- Connect to the Blueye wifi.
- Go to http://waterlinked-dvl.local.
- Go to settings. Set manual time to the drone. If it fails, try one more time.
- Go to About, click Check for update. It will fail to connect to the internet, since the ROV does not have an internet connection.
- Click on the link "Take me to the manual update page".
- Drag and drop in the .wlup file you downloaded in step 6.
- Wait for the update to complete.
- Click reboot DVL.
- Wait for 2 min and verify that the version number displayed in the top left corner on the http://waterlinked-dvl.local page. (You might need to refresh the page).
- Place the DVL back on the drone and go diving!
If you get this error, you have to set the time manually as described in step 8.
Steps to set the time manually:
- Go to DVL GUI and click on "Configuration" in left menu
- Open "Advanced configuration" menu
- Scroll to "System time configuration"
- Select "Manual time" in "System time source" and click "Set manual time"
- Click on "About" in left menu and click "Software upgrade"
- Perform upgrade again