The Xbox controller* is compatible with both iOS and Android. If you are on iOS make sure you have iOS 14.5 or newer (required for Xbox controller support).
First time pairing
- Press the (XBOX) button power on your controller
- Press and hold the "pairing" button for three seconds to enter pairing mode
- iOS: Go to "Settings -> Bluetooth -> Pair new device"
Android: Go to "Settings -> Connections -> Bluetooth -> Pair new device"
- The controller should appear as Xbox Wireless Controller in the list of available devices.
Connecting to a paired controller
After the controller has been paired with a device, the device will remember the controller and you only need to use the (XBOX) button to turn the controller on and off.
Power On: Press (XBOX) button for 1 second until it the logo lights up
Power Off: Press and hold (XBOX) button for 5-10 seconds until the logo light turns off
- If the Xbox controller asks for a PIN on pairing or it doesn't work despite being paired, make sure it's updated with the latest firmware.
- If the controller is already paired to another device, turn off the controller, and then press and hold the Pair button for a few seconds until it starts blinking. If this doesn't work, turn off Bluetooth on the other device or walk outside away from any nearby devices and retry the pairing process.
- For additional support on iOS please look at the Apple support pages.
- For additional support on Xbox pairing, please have a look at the Xbox support pages.
*The following Xbox controllers are supported: Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, and Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 (iOS only).