Learn how to replace the vertical thruster of your Blueye Pioneer.
Follow these steps to replace the vertical thruster.
1. Remove the two M4x8mm Hex head screws in the back of the surge thruster arms using an M3 hex key.
2. Use a flat head screwdriver to disengage the right side thruster arm snap lock, while pulling the arm slightly backward (1-2cm). Then repeat on the left side arm snap lock.
3. When both snap locks are disengaged, pull the surge thruster arm backward until it is completely free from the vertical thruster tube. The thruster cables should be attached.
4. Remove the four 3.5x35mm screws securing the lateral thruster tunnel with a Torx T10 key. Then remove the lateral thruster tube.
5. Remove the M5x100mm screw in the handle using an M4 hex key and an M8 socket wrench.
6. Remove the two 3.5x20mm screws in the front vertical tube near snap hooks using a Torx T10 key.
7. Remove the two 3.5x20mm screws in the lower part of the front vertical tube according to the next four illustrations using Torx H15 key.
8. Remove the last 3.5x20mm screw close to the battery tube using a Torx T10.
9. Remove the top vertical thruster grid by pulling it up with your fingers
10. Split the front and back vertical tube by approximately 10cm
11. Remove the vertical thrusters from the thruster stand sockets.
12. Remove the two M4x8mm hex head screws on the vertical thruster connector using an M3 hex key.
13. Pull the thruster connector out by gripping the connector body, not the cable. Some force may be required to remove it.
14. Clean the opening in the aluminium body with a clean workshop tissue or a clean piece of cloth
15. Add o-rings to the new thruster connector. Your workspace should be tidy and free of dust
16. Make sure that the correct propeller is installed on the thruster (CW). If not, remove the two M3x-5mm screws using an M2 hex key and install the correct propeller. Reinstall the screws and hand tighten firmly.
17. Apply a small amount of grease to your fingertip or the o-ring
18. Distribute the grease on the o-ring
19. Install the o-ring into the glands on the connector.
20. Note the small feature on the connector body. this feature should be pointing down when reinstalling the connector. Align the pins and the receptacles before pushing the connector in place
21. Push the connector all the way into the aluminium body
22. Reinstall the two M4x8mm hex head screws to secure the tether connector. Tighten lightly by hand. The seal is not dependent on the torque of the screws.
23. Install the new thruster stands into the sockets in the front vertical tube. Guide the cable into the notch as shown
24. Close the front and back vertical thruster tubes. Make sure that the thruster stands are seated into the sockets
25. Reinstall the M5x100 hex head screw in the handle.
26. Pay attention to the orientation of the custom washers
27. Use an M4 hex key and an M8 socket wrench to tighten the M5x100mm screw
28. Reinstall two of the 3.5x20mm screws in the front vertical tube using a Torx T10 key.
29. Reinstall the two 3.5x20mm screws in the lower part of the front vertical tube using a Torx H15 key.
30. Reinstall the last 3.5x20mm close to the battery tube using a Torx T10.
31. Install the top vertical thruster tube grid by pushing it into place. It should snap firmly in place.
32. In case the lower vertical thruster grids have fallen out, they need to be reinstalled. The arrow in the plastic should be pointing upwards.
33. Push the grid firmly into place until the snap is fully engaged. Reinstall on both sides.
34. Reinstall the thruster arms onto the vertical thruster tunnel. The right and left snap lock must be guided in place. The thruster cables on both sides should be guided according to the picture below
35. Make sure the thruster cables on both sides are inside of the snap arms
36. Push the thruster arms forward until properly seated and snap hooks are fully engaged.
37. Reinstall the two M4x8mm Hex head screws in the back of the surge thruster arms using an M3 Hex key.
Vertical thruster replacement completed.