The following warnings apply to both the Blueye Surface Unit and the Blueye Smart Battery.
Important: Blueye Surface Unit battery is only accessible to Blueye service personnel and cannot be accessed by any means by the user or operator. Only the Blueye Smart Battery can be accessed by the user or operator
Warning: Risk of explosion if (drone) battery is replaced with an incorrect type. Dispose of used batteries according to the instructions.
When the battery pack is not in use, store the battery in a safe environment away from metal objects.
Do not use a battery pack or appliance that is damaged or modified.
The Smart Battery should only be repaired or replaced by qualified personnel. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.
- Do not dispose of batteries in household waste. Obey local waste disposal regulations. Do not subject the battery to mechanical shock.
- Observe the plus (+) and minus (-) marks on the battery and equipment and ensure correct use.
- Always purchase the battery and charger from Blueye Robotics.
- Keep the battery clean and dry
- Wipe the battery terminals with a clean dry cloth if they become dirty.
- The battery needs to be charged before use. Always use the correct charger and refer to the Start Guide for proper charging instructions.
- Do not leave the battery in prolonged charge when not in use.
- After extended periods of storage, it may be necessary to charge and discharge the battery several times to obtain the maximum performance
- Retain the original product literature for future reference.
- Use the battery only for the application for which it was intended.
- when possible, remove the battery from the equipment when not in use.
- Only charge the drone battery with the supplied charger. A charger that is suitable for one type of battery pack may create a risk of fire when used with another battery pack.
- When the battery pack is not in use, keep it away from other metal objects, like paperclips, coins, keys, nails, screws, or other small metal objects that can make a connection from one terminal to another. A short circuit of the battery terminals can lead to burns, fire, and severe injury.
- Under abusive conditions, liquid may be ejected from the battery; avoid contact.
- If contact accidentally occurs, flush with water. If liquid contacts eyes, additionally seek medical help. Liquid ejected from the battery may cause irritation or burns.
- Do not use a battery pack or appliance that is damaged or modified. Damaged or modified batteries may exhibit unpredictable behavior resulting in fire, explosion, or risk of injury.
- Do not expose a battery pack or appliance to fire or excessive temperature. Exposure to fire or temperature above 130 °C (266 °F) may cause an explosion.
- Follow all charging instructions and do not charge the battery pack outside of the temperature range specified in this instruction. Charging improperly or at temperatures outside the specified range may damage the battery and increase the risk of fire.
- Do not open, modify, or attempt to repair the battery pack.
- Do not charge the battery pack in a damp or wet environment
- Do not cover the charger or the battery pack with a cloth or anything else. The charger and battery pack heats up during charge and lack of ventilation may result in fire or serious injury.
- Do not use the battery pack for appliances that it is not intended for.
- Keep battery packs and chargers away from children if not thoroughly supervised.
- Failure to comply with these warnings can lead to an explosion, fire, leakage, and/or serious injury.
Don't expose the Blueye underwater drone to extreme heat or cold. The drones are designed to be used in temperatures between -5° and +40° C (23° and 104° F).