Blunux is the name of the operating system running on all Blueye Pioneer, Pro, and X3 underwater drones. You download and install Blunux updates through the Blueye App.
Please see Software Update on the Blueye drones for instructions on how to update.
Release date: 2021.03.05
- Logos and titles in overlays
- Transparent textboxes in the video overlay
- Logfile compression to free disk storage
- Improved robustness of video stream
- Performance improvements
Release date: 2020.09.28
- Telemetry overlay on recorded videos
- Video recordings are now stored at full quality regardless of live stream bitrate
- Minor bug fixes
Release date: 2020.06.23
- Image stabilization for Blueye Pro drones.
- Add an empty soundtrack to videos to improve compatibility.
- Add option to enable tilt angle in picture overlay and subtitles.
- Minor bug fixes.
Release date: 2020.02.04
- Improved auto heading and auto depth.
- Expose a salinity setting for a more accurate depth reading.
- Add camera tilt for Blueye Pro drones.
- Add functionality to download VTT subtitle files for video overlay.
- Add functionality to download Agisoft CSV files that enable scaled 3D models in Agisoft Metashape.
- Add a view to preview videos on the drone.
- Add sorting to log file and video view.
- Add functionality to download picture overlays with metadata and title.
- Recordings will now end if the user hits "End Dive" and will continue for 1 min when the app disconnects, leaving some time for the user to reconnect in case of an empty battery or app crash.
- The number of spectators is now logged and made available to the app.
- Logfile number is now set in mp4 video metadata.
- Stability and bug fixes.
Release date: 2019.10.16
- Add functionality for capturing still pictures instead of videos.
- Improvements in gyro and compass calibration.
- Improvements in auto depth making it more precise.
- Lights turn off automatically if the app disconnects.
Release date: 2019.08.13
- Add a 1-minute timeout before active video recordings are stopped when the Blueye app disconnects abruptly.
- Resolve various video player and video editor incompatibilities in the video recordings.
- Improved compass calibration accuracy as well as notifying the app of missing calibration.
- Automatically remove the effect of the thrusters on the compass.
- Turn off auto modes when pointing the drone down.
- Stability and performance improvements.
Release date: 2019.02.19
- Initial public release