The Blueye Android App can be downloaded from Google Play. This page contains version history information.
Release date: 2020.11.10
- Improved map when diving with a positioning system
- Ability to export and import KML and CSV files with points of interest when diving with a positioning system
- Convert HEIC image files to JPG when exporting from the dive log
- If the title and subtitle are set on the video overlay during a dive, these will be used as the default title and description in the dive log
- Includes altitude in CSV export if a DVL or altimeter is connected
- Downgrade Surge to 1.4.1 due to video playback issues on some Samsung devices
- Fix bug in Compass Offset calibration
Release date: 2022.10.05
- Support for new language: Japanese
- New control mode for position hold (requires DVL)
- New control mode for altitude hold (requires DVL or altimeter)
- New KML and KMZ dive log export file formats (requires DVL or positioning system)
- Add support for BlueRobotics Ping Sonar Altimeter
- Add support for WaterLinked DVL A50
- Add support for Cathodic Protection Probes
- Display Cygnus Thickness Gauge readings on dive log page
- Add the option to delete dive logs from the device
- Fix a bug in the calculation of packet loss in the video stream
- Update the video streaming library to the latest version
- Add sort option to Dive Log list view
- Fix a bug where device battery warnings were reported even if the device was re-charged
Release date: 2022.04.29
- Downgrade Surge to 1.4.1 due to faulty scale mode in 1.5.0
Release date: 2022.04.04
- Add touch control for opening and closing the gripper if connected
- Display an icon next to the recording timer to indicate if video overlay is enabled or not
- Add support for the Blueye Deep Kit and the new Keller PA7LD depth sensor
- Use triggers for boost and slow if Reach Alpha is disconnected from cable
- Add support for Tritech Micron Gemini Multibeam Sonar
- Add support for Blueye External Light Pair
Release date: 2021.01.21
- Add fix for a bug related to X3 drones running old versions of Blunux with a new device type connected
- Update video streaming library to latest version
Release date: 2021.12.23
- Ask the user before downloading or uploading a custom logo to the drone
- Use double-tap or the new camera setting to choose how to display the video on devices with a screen aspect ratio other than 16:9
- Fix a bug where the guest port information page would not refresh if the drone was rebooted with new equipment attached
- Fix a bug in video stream bitrate calculation
Release date: 2021.11.15
- Add functionality to set a static slow or boost value
- New page with guest port information under drone settings
- Improve accuracy of touch sliders for boost and lights
Release date: 2021.10.17
- Fix bug related to determining if a software update is available or not
Release date: 2021.09.30
- This version of the Blueye App requires Blunux version 1.7 or newer installed on your drone.
- Add support for Blueye External Camera on Blueye X3.
- Add support for Blueye External Lights on Blueye X3.
- Add support for Newton and Reach Alpha gripper on Blueye X3.
- Add support for guest ports on Blueye X3.
- Improve transfer speed when downloading drone software updates.
- Add haptic feedback for touch interactions in dive view.
- Warn user if sharing a report with more than 50 images.
- Display serial number and drone model on connect screen.
Release date: 2021.04.08
- Fix a bug where the app would not save new temperature or depth unit settings.
Release date: 2021.03.18
- Add the ability to control the drone using the keyboard if it is connected.
- Fix the layout of the diagnostics view on Android Tablets where the titles were way too large.
- Update the app to support scoped storage in Android 11.
- Add support for title and subtitle in the video overlay.
- Add support for a custom logo in the video overlay, picture overlay, and generated reports.
- Better error handling during the download of a drone software update.
Release date: 2021.02.08
- Fix a bug where the video stream playback would fail if the Observer App was connected before the Blueye App.
Release date: 2021.01.22
- Support for new language: Hindi.
- Fix bug where battery level in the status bar did not update during dive.
- Improve diagnostics screen under in-dive settings.
- Add version compatibility checks between the Blueye App and the drone software.
Release date: 2020.11.25
- Add support for Adaptive Streaming, where the app will automatically adjust video bitrate for optimal performance.
- Check that mobile device, Surface Unit, and Blueye Drone has more than 25% battery before applying a software update.
- Prevent starting new recordings when storage is full.
- More accurate progress report when applying a software update.
- Hide the Skip button on the connection page if there is nothing to skip.
- Fix issue where recording timer would restart at 1 hour.
- Fix position of recording timer in touch layout.
- Fix issue of depth warning at wrong depth for Blueye Pro.
Release date: 2020.09.28
- To prevent accidentally turning on the lights you enable the option to hold one of the alt-buttons when dimming the lights using the controller d-pad buttons.
- New option to invert the vertical axis, for pilots who are used to flight simulators or other ROVs with this controller configuration.
- Enable or disable data overlay on video recordings.
- Change light intensity when operating the drone using touch controls.
- Change boost and slow mode when operating the drone using touch controls.
Release date: 2020.07.11
- Support for new languages: Norwegian, German, and Spanish.
- Add functionality to toggle camera stabilization on/off for Blueye Pro drones by pressing the Mofidier+Y button.
- The app now includes pictures and videos downloaded from the drone in the dive log page.
- Share the complete dive log as a CSV file from the dive log page.
- Generate and export a report as a PDF or Word file from the dive log page.
- Create and import your custom report template under app settings.
- You can assign operator contact details to a dive log, which will be included in the report.
- Improve dive log page layout on tablets.
- Improve layout on setting pages to make them more consistent.
- Fix bug where you could not use backspace when editing title and subtitle when downloading a picture.
- Fix bug where you would get an error during log file sync.
- Fix bug where the Surface Unit Settings page could crash in certain configurations.
Release date: 2020.03.16
- Add a new Surface Unit setting to allowing some devices to be connected to the Surface Unit Wi-Fi and use 4G mobile data at the same time.
- Fix a bug where an error would occur after synchronizing log files from the drone.
Release date: 2020.02.12
- Add the option to include titles and dive information when downloading a still picture from a drone running v1.5 or newer.
- Add setting to select water salinity, which will improve depth sensor accuracy when diving in fresh or brackish water.
- Improve performance when listing media files in the file transfer screen.
- Improve navigation flow for file transfer. After downloading or deleting files the screen does not close automatically.
- Fix bug where the camera icon was tilted at a fixed -10° angle when connected to a Pioneer drone, a feature only relevant for Pro users.
- Fix bug where the lights would not turn on when pressing the Y-button if they had been turned off using the light settings slider.
Release date: 2020.01.20
- Add tilt control for Blueye Pro drones.
- Add camera settings to change framerate and resolution.
- Fix bug related to loading of 3D-model that in rare cases could cause the app to crash.
- Fix bug where the message displayed when changing lights with the d-pad was missing.
- Fix file transfer issue due to changes in file permissions in Android 10.
Release date: 2019.12.23
- Performance improvements in dive view.
- Add additional information to the debug information screen.
- Add 3D model showing drone heading, roll pitch, and yaw.
- Add notification if device compass accuracy is degraded.
- Add notification about auto functions if dive is started without them being used.
- Corrected a bug where transferred media files didn't show up in various Android Gallery apps before some time had passed.
- Grouping media files to be transferred from the drone by date.
Release date: 2019.10.24
- Add additional information to the debug information screen.
Release date: 2019.10.17
- Add support for capturing still images (requires v1.4 software on drone).
- Add support for capturing screenshots from the app (requires v1.4 software on drone).
- Display release notes for Blueye Pioneer software updates.
- Update controller layout graphics in the dive menu.
- Display date in addition to time in the status bar.
- Ask for location permission to get Wi-Fi SSID and to track user location in the dive log.
Release date: 2019.09.15
- Notify the user if a Blueye Pioneer software update is available.
- Allow touch controller input even if the game controller is connected.
- Improve button layout on the connect screen for tablet devices.
- Improve the start-up time of the app.
- Prevent unused buttons on the game controller from triggering unexpected actions in the app.
- Set the default video bitrate to 8 Mbit.
- Minor bug fixes and improvements.
Release date: 2019.08.08
- Add file transfer support to download video files on Android.
- Add the option to use Fahrenheit and Feet as units.
- Improved dead band when using touch joysticks to operate the drone.
- Prompt user if the compass is not calibrated (requires 1.3 software on drone).
- Usability improvements for the compass calibration.
- Dim heading bar if the compass is uncalibrated.
- Build for 64-bit devices as required by Google Play.
Release date: 2019.05.22
- Add an Adaptive icon for Android 8.0 devices.
- Fix control force color in the heading bar.
- Fix bugs related to Google Maps in the dive log.
- Other minor bug fixes based on crash reports.
Release date: 2019.05.09
- Initial public release of Android version of the app
- Add the dive logs tab.
- Adds detailed dive information in the dive log.
- Fix bug where you could have both Status Menu and Dive Menu open at the same time.
- Fix bug where the record timer would start over after 1 hour.
- Fix bug where touch joystick was detecting input even when hidden.
- Add dead band for left and right buttons on certain controllers to prevent false light inputs.
- Display on-screen joysticks as default if no controller is connected when starting a dive.
- Hide Status Menu when tapping the screen when open.
- Improve reconnection when the connection to the drone is lost.
- Improve drone discovery time.
- Add the option to turn off media file download under iOS settings.