The Blueye iOS App can be downloaded from the Apple App Store. This page contains version history information.
- Add a new Surface Unit setting to allowing some devices to be connected to the Surface Unit Wi-Fi and use 4G mobile data at the same time.
- Fix a bug where an error would occur after synchronizing log files from the drone.
- Add the option to include titles and dive information when downloading a still picture from a drone running v1.5 or newer.
- Add setting to select water salinity, which will improve depth sensor accuracy when diving in fresh or brackish water.
- Improve performance when listing media files in the file transfer screen.
- Improve navigation flow for file transfer. After downloading or deleting files the screen does not close automatically.
- Fix bug where the text color when editing dive description was black in iOS dark mode.
- Fix bug where the app could crash when downloading large files.
- Fix bug where the camera icon was tilted at a fixed -10° angle when connected to a Pioneer drone, a feature only relevant for Pro users.
- Fix bug where the lights would not turn on when pressing the Y-button if they had been turned off using the light settings slider.
- Add tilt control for Blueye Pro drones.
- Add camera settings to change framerate and resolution.
- Fix bug where the numeric heading value was not displayed when diving.
- Fix bug where the message displayed when changing lights with the d-pad were missing.
- Add additional information to the debug information screen.
- Add notification if device compass accuracy is degraded.
- Add notification about auto functions if dive is started without them being used.
- Fix bug where iOS 13 devices would show Not Connected as Wi-Fi name even if connected.
- Fix bug where the Compass Offset menu was missing.
- Fix bug where the White Balance and Manual Exposure switches would not show the correct initial state.
- Add support for capturing still images (requires 1.4 software on drone).
- Add support for capturing screenshots from the app.
- Set status bar color to white on all modal pages.
- Display release notes for Blueye Pioneer software updates.
- Update controller layout graphics in dive menu.
- Removed reset button and introduced slider in calibration view for more granularity in setting compass offset for 3D model.
- Hide Home Indicator (the small black bar on the bottom of the screen) in diving view on iPad Pro and iPhone X and 11 devices.
- Compatibility with iOS 13 and iPadOS 13, including dark and light mode.
- Display date in addition to time in status bar.
- Fix bug where the app could crash when answering yes to calibrate compass directly after updating drone.
- Add mapping for Menu and Option button on Xbox One and PS4 controllers.
- Notify user to switch to Wi-Fi Channel 44 to improve stream quality.
- Notify user to turn off Bluetooth on nearby devices if using an older iOS device.
- Notify user if a Blueye Pioneer software update is available.
- Allow touch controller input even if the game controller is connected.
- Set default video bitrate to 8 Mbit.
- Minor bug fixes and improvements.
- Improve layout of file transfer view.
- Fix bug with a flickering progress indicator for file transfer.
- Sequential download files instead of parallel.
- Add option to use Fahrenheit and Feet as units.
- Improved dead band when using touch joysticks to operate the drone.
- Allow access to CSV log files from iOS Files app.
- Renamed Calibration to Compass Offset in dive view for device compass offset calibration.
- Prompt user if the compass is not calibrated (requires 1.3 software on drone).
- Usability improvements for the compass calibration.
- Dim heading bar if the compass is uncalibrated.
- Fix stability issues related to the video stream.
- Adds detailed dive information in the dive log.
- Adds landscape view for compass/IMU calibration.
- Fix bug where you could have both Status Menu and Dive Menu open at the same time.
- Fix bug where record timer would start over after 1 hour.
- Add dead band for left and right buttons on certain controllers to prevent false light inputs.
- Add additional margin to views on iPhone X devices.
- Display on-screen joysticks as default if no controller is connected when starting a dive.
- Hide Status Menu when tapping the screen when open.
- Improve reconnection when the connection to the drone is lost.
- Improve drone discovery time.
- Add option to turn off media file download under iOS settings.
- Adds support for configuring Surface Unit settings from the app.
- Adds support for updating the software on Blueye Pioneer from the app.
- Fix bug where the app would continue to run thruster with last input if the controller is disconnected.
- Fix bug where input from the touch controller could get stuck when swiping to minimum layout in diving view
- Asks the user for permission before uploading dive logs to Blueye.
- Fix problem with the high amount of video artifacts caused by the use of the location services in iOS.
- Fix bug with the compass in landscape mode.
- Remove force-push preview in dive logs.
- Set 16 MBit as default bitrate.
- Check for Photos permission before importing video files.
- Fix bug where users can connect to drone, but not download video files from the app.
- Fix bug where the height of setting screen was incorrect in iPhone X devices.