The Blueye iOS App can be downloaded from the Apple App Store. This page contains version history information.
Release date: 2021.04.08
- Fix a bug where the app would not save new temperature or depth unit settings.
Release date: 2021.03.18
- Add full support for running the iOS app on Apple M1 Macs.
- Add the ability to control the drone using the keyboard if it is connected.
- Add support for title and subtitle in the video overlay.
- Add support for a custom logo in the video overlay, picture overlay, and generated reports.
- Better error handling during the download of a drone software update.
Release date: 2021.01.22
- Support for new language: Hindi.
- Fix bug where battery level in the status bar did not update during dive.
- Fix bug where the app would take a long time discovering the drone on the network.
- Improve diagnostics screen under in-dive settings.
- Add version compatibility checks between the Blueye App and the drone software.
- Ensure the app functions correctly if the user only grants restricted access to the Photos library in iOS 14.
Release date: 2020.11.25
- Add support for Adaptive Streaming, where the app will automatically adjust video bitrate for optimal performance.
- Check that mobile device, Surface Unit, and Blueye Drone has more than 25% battery before applying a software update.
- Prevent starting new recordings when storage is full.
- More accurate progress report when applying a software update.
- Fix issue of depth warning at wrong depth for Blueye Pro.
Release date: 2020.09.28
- To prevent accidentally turning on the lights you enable the option to hold one of the alt-buttons when dimming the lights using the controller d-pad buttons.
- New option to invert the vertical axis, for pilots who are used to flight simulators or other ROVs with this controller configuration.
- Enable or disable data overlay on video recordings.
- Change light intensity when operating the drone using touch controls.
- Change boost and slow mode when operating the drone using touch controls.
- Fix bug where the camera button icon became skewed in some situations.
Release date: 2020.06.26
- Support for new languages: Norwegian, German, and Spanish.
- Add functionality to toggle camera stabilization on/off for Blueye Pro drones by pressing the Mofidier+Y button.
- The app now includes pictures and videos downloaded from the drone in the dive log page.
- Share the complete dive log as a CSV file from the dive log page.
- Generate and export a report as a PDF or Word file from the dive log page.
- Create and import your custom report template under app settings.
- You can assign operator contact details to a dive log, which will be included in the report.
- Improvements to dive log page layout on iPad.
- Fix bug where you would get an error during log file sync.
- Fix bug where the Surface Unit Settings page could crash in certain configurations.
Release date: 2020.03.17
- Add a new Surface Unit setting to allowing some devices to be connected to the Surface Unit Wi-Fi and use 4G mobile data at the same time.
- Fix a bug where an error would occur after synchronizing log files from the drone.
Release date: 2020.02.11
- Add the option to include titles and dive information when downloading a still picture from a drone running v1.5 or newer.
- Add setting to select water salinity, which will improve depth sensor accuracy when diving in fresh or brackish water.
- Improve performance when listing media files in the file transfer screen.
- Improve navigation flow for file transfer. After downloading or deleting files the screen does not close automatically.
- Fix bug where the text color when editing dive description was black in iOS dark mode.
- Fix bug where the app could crash when downloading large files.
- Fix bug where the camera icon was tilted at a fixed -10° angle when connected to a Pioneer drone, a feature only relevant for Pro users.
- Fix bug where the lights would not turn on when pressing the Y-button if they had been turned off using the light settings slider.
Release date: 2020.01.21
- Add tilt control for Blueye Pro drones.
- Add camera settings to change framerate and resolution.
- Fix bug where the numeric heading value was not displayed when diving.
- Fix bug where the message displayed when changing lights with the d-pad was missing.
Release date: 2019.12.27
- Add additional information to the debug information screen.
- Add notification if device compass accuracy is degraded.
- Add notification about auto functions if dive is started without them being used.
Release date: 2019.10.24
- Fix bug where iOS 13 devices would show Not Connected as Wi-Fi name even if connected.
- Fix bug where the Compass Offset menu was missing.
- Fix bug where the White Balance and Manual Exposure switches would not show the correct initial state.
Release date: 2019.10.17
- Add support for capturing still images (requires 1.4 software on drone).
- Add support for capturing screenshots from the app.
- Set status bar color to white on all modal pages.
- Display release notes for Blueye Pioneer software updates.
- Update controller layout graphics in the dive menu.
- Removed reset button and introduced a slider in the calibration view for more granularity in setting compass offset for 3D model.
- Hide Home Indicator (the small black bar on the bottom of the screen) in diving view on iPad Pro and iPhone X and 11 devices.
- Compatibility with iOS 13 and iPadOS 13, including dark and light mode.
- Display date in addition to time in the status bar.
- Fix bug where the app could crash when answering yes to calibrate compass directly after updating the drone.
- Add mapping for the Menu and Options button on Xbox One and PS4 controllers.
Release date: 2019.09.15
- Notify users to switch to Wi-Fi Channel 44 to improve stream quality.
- Notify users to turn off Bluetooth on nearby devices if using an older iOS device.
- Notify the user if a Blueye Pioneer software update is available.
- Allow touch controller input even if the game controller is connected.
- Set the default video bitrate to 8 Mbit.
- Minor bug fixes and improvements.
Release date: 2019.08.12
- Improve the layout of the file transfer view.
- Fix bug with a flickering progress indicator for file transfer.
- Sequential download files instead of parallel.
- Add the option to use Fahrenheit and Feet as units.
- Improved dead band when using touch joysticks to operate the drone.
- Allow access to CSV log files from the iOS Files app.
- Renamed Calibration to Compass Offset in dive view for device compass offset calibration.
- Prompt user if the compass is not calibrated (requires 1.3 software on drone).
- Usability improvements for the compass calibration.
- Dim heading bar if the compass is uncalibrated.
Release date: 2019.05.03
- Fix stability issues related to the video stream.
Release date: 2019.04.11
- Adds detailed dive information in the dive log.
- Adds landscape view for compass/IMU calibration.
- Fix bug where you could have both Status Menu and Dive Menu open at the same time.
- Fix bug where the record timer would start over after 1 hour.
- Add dead band for left and right buttons on certain controllers to prevent false light inputs.
- Add additional margin to views on iPhone X devices.
- Display on-screen joysticks as default if no controller is connected when starting a dive.
- Hide Status Menu when tapping the screen when open.
- Improve reconnection when the connection to the drone is lost.
- Improve drone discovery time.
- Add the option to turn off media file download under iOS settings.
Release date: 2019.02.15
- Fix bug where you could not re-enter the dive screen after ending a dive.
Release date: 2019.01.29
- Adds support for configuring Surface Unit settings from the app.
- Adds support for updating the software on Blueye Pioneer from the app.
- Fix bug where the app would continue to run thruster with last input if the controller is disconnected.
- Fix bug where input from the touch controller could get stuck when swiping to minimum layout in diving view
- Asks the user for permission before uploading dive logs to Blueye.
- Fix problem with the high amount of video artifacts caused by the use of the location services in iOS.
- Fix bug with the compass in landscape mode.
- Remove force-push preview in dive logs.
- Set 16 MBit as the default bitrate.
- Check for Photos permission before importing video files.
- Fix bug where users can connect to drone, but not download video files from the app.
- Fix bug where the height of the setting screen was incorrect in iPhone X devices.
Release date: 2018.10.27
- Initial release