Insert the Blueye Smart Battery and secure the cap
Before you launch the Blueye Pioneer into the water, make sure the batteries on your devices are at least 80%.
Make sure the battery on the drone, surface unit, controller and mobile device are at least 80% charged before you go diving. When the battery in the drone reaches 20% when diving, go back to shore.
Follow these steps to insert the Blueye Smart Battery:
1. Open the battery lid
2. Unscrew the aluminium lid with the pin spanner to open it
3. Insert the battery. Make sure that the arrow on the battery is pointing upwards.
4. Make sure that the battery is pushed all the way in. There are two guiding pins in the bottom of the battery canister that will align the battery with the connector. Fold-down the handle.
5. Close the aluminium lid with the pin spanner. Make sure to not tighten the lid too much, but there should neither be a large gap between the aluminium lid and the aluminium tube. Be careful to not damage the threads of the lid when closing.
6. Close the battery lid by sliding it along the battery tube. The battery lid cannot be pushed all the way in. Tightening the thumbscrew will move the lid into place.