The Blueye iOS and Android apps do not have built-in functionality for Live Streaming. Some configuration changes are needed on the Blueye Surface Unit to allow your iOS device to be connected to the Surface Unit Wi-Fi network and the Internet over 4G at the same time.
Configure Surface Unit
1. Version 1.13.0 of the Blueye app adds a new configuration option to the Surface Unit settings screen found under Settings - Surface Unit Settings. Answer Yes to Configure for mobile data.
2. Hit Save & Apply to update your Surface Unit Settings. You can verify that the settings are applied if No Internet Connection is displayed in yellow under the Wi-Fi name under Wi-Fi settings.
Warning: If you experience connection problems with your drone, please revert this setting by changing the setting to No under Surface Unit settings. This setting is an experimental feature, and we have seen issues with some Android devices no longer being able to communicate with the drone after enabling this feature.
Configure Camera Settings
1. To ensure a robust and stable Live Stream, we advise that you configure the Blueye camera to use 720p resolution at 4 to 6 Mbit bitrate. Visit Settings - Drone settings - Camera settings to update these settings.
Adaptive Streaming: Adjust video stream bitrate automatically for the best performance.
Start Your Stream
1. Verify your drone and 4G connection. On the main screen, the drone connection indicator should be green, and in the iOS status bar, you should see an active cellular connection.
2. Swipe in the iOS Control Centre and start your stream. Swipe down to hide the Screen Recording screen and start your dive.