|Warning: Do not calibrate your compass where there is a chance of strong magnetic interference, such as magnetite, large steel structures or steel reinforcements underground.|
It’s recommended to calibrate the compass in any of the following situations:
- Before the first dive after receiving your drone
- Diving at a new location after traveling with your drone
- When the Blueye app warns you that the compass needs calibration
Follow these steps to calibrate your drone:
1: Start and connect to your Blueye Pioneer drone
Follow the normal procedure:
- Turn on the drone and the Surface Unit.
- Set your device in flight mode
- Turn on Wi-Fi, search for the Surface Unit and connect to it.
- Once you are connected to the surface unit you can start the Blueye app.
Step 2: Open drone settings
From the home screen, enter the settings menu and select "Drone Settings". Then select "Compass Calibration". See video:
Step 3: Pick up the drone and hold it in normal position
Hold the drone in a normal position and turn around 360°. Flip the drone upside down and turn back around 360°.
Step 3: Hold the drone on its side
Hold the drone lying on its side and turn around 360°. Flip the drone so that it is lying on its other side and turn back around 360°.
Step 4: Hold the drone with the camera pointing up
Hold the drone with the camera pointing up and turn around 360°. Flip the drone so that the camera is pointing down and turn back around 360°.
Step 5: Place the drone on a horizontal surface
Place the drone on a horizontal surface and tap “Finish calibration” in the Blueye App. Leave the drone for a while for the drone to finish the calibration. The calibration is done when the thruster has been activated for a short period.
Step 6: Finish calibration button will appear when all the calibration movements are completed.